Thursday, October 28, 2010

AAUP Conference and Nomination Deadlines

The AAUP's Annual Conference (June 8-12, 2011, in DC) is accepting proposals for individual papers and sessions through October 31. I encourage everyone interested in higher education to submit proposals. Note that the conference registration fee is $275.

I am working on ideas for a variety of proposals, including the future of ROTC on campus, the CLS v. Martinez decision on religious freedom, and graduate student organizing on campus. If you have suggestions for speakers, let me know.

I am also considering running for the AAUP National Council. So if you're an AAUP member and would like to nominate me, send an email to me at collegefreedom@yahoo.com nominating me for National Council with "the name of the person nominating you, an email contact for that person, their institutional affiliation, and their AAUP membership status." The deadline for nominations is Nov. 1, so please run for the AAUP council if you're interested in helping shape the future of the AAUP.

No comments: